Expedient Homemade Firearms
by P.A. Luty
- They're crude. Their reliability will depend on your skill and materials you can scrounge. But they're there when all else has been lost.
Home Workshop Guns for Defense and Resistance: The Handgun
- by Bill Holmes
- Here are more reliable homemade guns by a master of the craft. But they're more difficult to build, requiring machine tools.
Home Workshop Guns for Defense and Resistance:The .22 Machine Pistol
- by Bill Holmes
- Holmes has written five books in his "Home Workshop" series. You might want to get 'em all before they're banned.
Armed and Female
- by Paxton Quigley
- I'm generally prejudiced against "girl gun books." Some talk down to us. This one offers straight talk about women's special needs -- from our vulnerability to rape to the best purse in which to conceal a handgun -- from a woman who knows.
The Art of the Rifle
- by Jeff Cooper
- If you're just getting to know rifles, here's a great basic overview from the master. If you already know, then get this one for the history, the mastery and the fine writing.
Boston on Guns & Courage
- by Boston T. Party
- One of the handiest manuals for freedom-loving gun owners. Boston on
Guns & Courage covers gun safety, modern gun laws, best guns to own, training schools and important matters like why you should probably not get a concealed carry permit. What guns will be banned next, and what actions taken against gun owners? Boston has a pretty good crystal ball on those subjects. Oh yeah, he also talks about a familiar modern phenomenon: Patriot Light -- 1/3 less courage than a regular patriot. Don't be that kind. Prepare yourself.
by Duncan Long
- Okay, what if "they" leave you your guns, but make it impossible to buy ammo or reloading components? Duncan Long explains how to "roll your own" ammunition if times ever get that bad -- and how to cache it.
More Guns, Less Crime
by John R. Lott, Jr.
- The gun-grabbers hate it! A scholarly study, using impeccable methodology, showing that armed citizens prevent crime.
Street-Smart Gun Book
- by John Farnum
- Firearms trainer John Farnum gives you techniques to help you think smart and be prepared when carrying a firearm.
In Gravest Extreme
- by Massad Ayoob
- For another viewpoint on using guns in self-defense, check out Massad Ayoob of the Lethal Force Institute. Some say he puts too much emphasis on all the reasons not to shoot (all that lawyer business afterward). But his viewpoint is credible and balanced.
Stopping Power: Why 70 Million Americans Own Guns
- by J. Neil Schulman
- Stopping Power is a good first book for people who want to learn more about the gun issue. Stopping Power is also an excellent choice for your friends who are anti-gun, but who have enough intellectual curiousity to want to check out the argument in favor of gun ownership. By the time they're finished with Stopping Power, they may well have decided to switch sides in the gun control struggle.
| The Lodge
| Claire's Books
| CW Essays
| CW Sillies
| Patricia Neill
| Sound-Off Archive
If you find anything awry at this site,
please contact the Web Tender.
01 December 1998