[Previous entry: "Skidboot"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Poor North Korea -- No One Cares"]
10/09/2006 Archived Entry: "A small collection of good reads (and a little bad news)"
I'LL BE AWAY LEARNING TO MAKE KNIVES most of this week. Is that cool, or what? I've been casually curious about knife-making for years & when I asked a friend-I've-never-met about it, she instantly offered to get together with her knife-making friends and teach me. No way could I pass that up.
I've asked fellow blogistas to fill the gap in my absence, so keep on visiting. In the meantime, here are several links of interest, just in case you don't have enough information in your life:
- Good article from Steve Trinward on the ways health insurance actually perpetuates the problems it claims to solve and why a "free market in wellness" might be a better option.
- And a great short history of taxation in America from a freedom loving perspective.
- In the No Good Deed Goes Unpunished department, the Navy lawyer who beat the White House in the famous Hamdan civil liberties case is being forced out of the service despite his stellar performance.
- If you hang out at The Claire Files forums, you might already have seen this one. But it's so interesting it bears broadcasting. Did you know that the first people on earth to bear the name "terrorists" were ... wait for it ... members of a government. Kudos to The Dunedan for the revelation.
- Also from TCF, spider boris turns us on to an outstanding new blog from Dan McGinnis, a cussedly independent res dweller determined to provide a home for his family despite all that wonderful government "help" he's received. I'll be adding this one to the blogroll and watching to see how his adventures in free-market living go.
Posted by Claire @ 01:10 PM CST