- 1 1781 - American Articles of Confederation enacted to form a loose association of states with no central government.
- 6 1953 - Josef Stalin died. Yay!
- 8 1958 - William Faulkner says U. S. schools have degenerated to babysitters.
- 14 1900 - The Gold Standard Act enacted/
- 17 1766 - Britian repeals Stamp Act.
- 22 1457 - Gutenberg Bible first printed book.
- 27 1968 - Yuri Gagarin died in a plane crash.
- 28 1948 - Tax Freedom Day (Are you noticing a trend about these days?)
- 2 1770 - American colonists reject all British duties except tea tax.
- 5 1856 - Booker T. Washington, champion of education and self-reliance, is born.
- 6 1991 - Iraq agrees to UN conditions ending Persian Gulf War. But US/UK continue to bomb military and civilian targets inside Iraq for next twelve years anyway.
- 11 1763 - Lord Bute is driven from office by Parlimentary revolt against cider tax.
- 12 1961 - Space Day, commemorating first manned space flight of Yuri Gagarin.
- 13 1743 - Thomas Jefferson born.
- 14 1865 - President Lincoln assassinated by John Wilkes Booth.
- 15 Official shakedown deadline in US.
Comment on this article
View all comments on this article
Did you like this article?
Please consider rewarding the author's
hard work with a donation.